We commit to be problem solvers, motivated to reach beyond our maximum potential by growing academically, emotionally, and socially in a diverse and safe instructional environment.
Leaders of the...
Parent Involvement Policy:
Wood School develops strong partnerships which connect families to our school in order to promote shared responsibility and ownership to increase student achievement.
As a parent/guardian, I will:
- Respect and support my child and the school staff.
- Send my child to school on-time, everyday (not arriving late or leaving early).
- Send my child to school ready to learn and neatly dressed in a clean uniform in accordance with the school uniform policy.
- Provide adequate rest, food, and medical attention so that my child is ready to learn and give his/her best effort.
- Talk to my child about the day's learning.
- Listen to my child's reading each day and assist with homework completion as necessary.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of my child's standardized testing results (DIBELS, NWEA, STANFORD 10, AIMS)
- Keep in contact with my child's teacher to discuss successes, questions, or concerns.
- Work collaboratively with the staff to change unproductive behavior and promote positive resolution.
- Review and return school correspondence and attend school functions.
- Attend my child's parent teacher conference both fall and spring semesters.
- Attend other school events such as Reading Under the Stars, Musical Performances (4th-5th), and Curriculum Night.